Habitat for Humanity Romania is looking for a Corporate Engagement Officer for its Bucharest office. The Corporate Engagement Officer is tasked with securing the financial and in-kind resources needed by the organization to assist the families in need of decent housing in Romania. The postholder will liaise with the Resource Development and Communication (RDC) Director and report to the Senior Corporate Engagement Manager in order to develop the charity’s Corporate Fundraising strategy and plan the activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Journalism & Communication, Political Science, etc)
- Good communicator
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to persuade, network and negotiate
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Ability to meet financial targets
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Fluency in Romanian and English: written, reading, speaking
- Cultural sensitivity
- Willingness to uphold Habitat’s Christian mission and values
- Very good PC operating skills (MS Office)
- Willingness to travel – in the affiliates with corporate volunteer teams, in country and abroad for trainings, 25-30% of labor time
- Experience in Fundraising (FR) is a plus.
- Building new and maintaining profitable, long-term fundraising relationships with donors and potential donors
- Working towards accomplishment of targets by developing partnerships, obtaining sponsorships, in-kind donations or teams of corporate volunteers
- Contributing to the Fundraising Strategy of the organization
- Raising awareness of the organization and its work, both at the local and national level
- Managing and updating databases to record donor contact and preference information
- Steadily working with CRM type software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Preparing mail-shots and correspondence
- Maintaining and developing the new and assigned existing donors relationship, registering the contracts
- Teaming up with the Program Department and with the affiliates and the International organization in order to achieve the daily tasks
- Attending events that generate new contacts and possible new donors
- Recommending policies of corporate FR to the supervising SCF
- Working together with the colleagues from the RDC department
- Making risk analyses and balancing time-cost ratios to focus effort upon the most appropriate fundraising activities with the highest chance of success
- Monitoring income and expenditure against budgets and the targets
- Preparing reports for both donors and trustees of the charity
- Managing the corporate accounts from creation, day to day correspondence up to complete follow-up of any donation activity.
Habitat for Humanity Romania is one of the most important non-governmental organizations in Romania in the field of social housing, with the mission to eradicate poverty housing. Its vision is a world where everyone has a simple, decent and affordable place, to live in safety and dignity.
Since 1996, Habitat for Humanity Romania has been building new homes, renovating damaged houses, community centers, offering technical support, providing energy efficiency programs and prevention and disaster risk response programs for vulnerable groups. Habitat for Humanity Romania helped over 64,000 people to have a better life.
Each year, Habitat for Humanity Romania hosts 2,500 international and Romanian corporate volunteers. More than 30,000 volunteers worked so far on Habitat for Humanity Romania’s construction sites.
The CVs and intent letters should be sent in English by October 31 via e-mail to Iolanda Burtea, email@example.com, or in hard copy to “Habitat for Humanity România”, str. Naum Râmniceanu, nr. 45A, et. 1, ap. 3, București, sector 1.