The Executive Director ensures the entire management in Romania in order to achieve the objectives of the organisation at a national level in conformity with the global and regional strategy of the organisation. The executive director is responsible for the management of the national office in order to ensure the development of the resources, communication, partnership development, granting financial and program support for the branches.
Vision and strategic planning
• Develops and guides the vision and long-term objectives of the organisation in collaboration with the Executive Committee and the branches in Romania.
• Facilitates the development of the strategic plan and of the annual plans of the national organisation in order to achieve the organisation objectives as well as to fulfil the vision of the national and international organisation.
• Promotes the vision, mission and principles of the organisation with the employees, beneficiaries and partners and ensures that these are implemented in the vision and activity of the organisation.
• Employs, trains and coordinates the executive team
• Develops and implements an organisational structure and a system of coordinating employees
• Ensues the implementation of the performance assessment system throughout the entire organisation
• Develops efficient training programs and invests in employees to maintain the quality people who are dedicated to the cause, representing the main resource of the organisation
Resource development and communication
• Develops the national strategy of resource
• Supervises the planning, implementing and assessment of the annual resource development campaign
• Develops and implements o communication strategy together with the employees to promote brand and actions
• Collaborates with branches in Romania to ensure that the programs are performed in accordance with the quality standards.
• Makes sure that the programs of the branches reach their objectives.
• Advisee and discusses with the program departments regarding the management and support given to branches in Romania
• Identifies and develops at a national level partnerships with specific organisations
• Ensures that the branches have an attractive/ valid volunteer, resource development and public relations program
• Ensures support and provides resources for developing new branches and partnerships
• Initiates and supports the development of programs that sustain financing from the capital market and/or financial institutions
• Ensures recruitment and efficient involvement of volunteers in the activities of the organisation
• Ensures the representation of the company and its involvement in strategic alliances with the government, agencies that offer financing, non-governmental organisations, churches and mass media
Legal and financial
• Makes sure that the organisation complies with the national legal and financial requirements and supports the branches in solving legal and financial problems
• Draws up the quarterly financial reports and monthly program reports
• Monitors the financial stability of the organisation
• Monitors the tax control and external audit activities of the organisation
• Develops together with the responsible persons (financing officer, program team) after discussing with the branches, plans for financing lines.
• Formulates proposals for entering in partnerships with financial institutions.
• Presents to the Managing Board proposals that are in conformity with the global/ regional strategy
• Presents the Managing Board proposals regarding founding new sites, opening new branches and other structures modifications.
• Is the connection between the National Committee and the entire organisation, branches and partners Attends the meetings at a national level, collaborates in order to develop the policy of the organisation, ensures that al decisions shall be implemented.
Education: University degree in business and/or development/politology/sociology
- At least 3 years of experience in the community and organization development
- At least 5 years in senior management
- Fluent English and Romanian
- Effective people skills – networking; people management; ability to lead, align, and motivate people
- Strategic & analytical thinking
- Effective computer literacy – MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.
- Ability to represent Habitat for Humanity’s Christian identity and values
- Driving license
- Available to travel 40% of job time
- NGO background – prior INGO experience strongly preferred
If you would like to apply for this position, kindly submit CV and motivation letter to email@example.com by 11 October 2016
NB: Put the position title you applying for on the subject line
If you have not had any response within six weeks after the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful