ON THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Updated in: May 2018
WHO ARE WE AND WHO IS THE SUBJECT OF THIS POLICY?
Habitat for Humanity Romania Association (hereinafter referred to as Habitat) is a Christian-ecumenical, non-governmental, non-profit, and public utility organisation that seeks to help in any way improve the living standard of people living in harsh environments, both in Romania and in the world. Our registered office is in Bucharest, 45A Naum Ramniceanu St., 1st floor, apt. 3, 1st district and we are identified by the tax code 15391896.
The purpose of this policy is to inform you about HABITAT’s personal data processing activities and it applies to all of our processing, including interactions with our website www.habitat.ro
HABITAT is constantly concerned with ensuring a participatory experience to our projects as enjoyable and safer as possible. Thus, we make every effort to provide information to those interested, namely: newsletters, invitations to events, campaigns – both on our projects and our activity, as well as those of our partners (collectively referred to as the “Newsletter”).
WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL DATA DO WE PROCESS?
We collect and process only your personal data that we need in order to be able to provide you with the best experience of participating and engaging in our projects and using our website. Thus, the personal data that we process can include as an example:
- data for your identification: last name, first name, username;
- contact details: physical address, phone number, email address;
- data that you provide to us when creating a user account on our website, recording and updating the data or quitting the Newsletter, as well as registering and participating in events organized or supported by us;
- data received or collected during visits to our registered office or events organised by us and/or our partners: they may include video recordings of the activities carried out and access to such locations;
- bank account and other financial information for the conduct of a contractual relationship, if any;
- technical data, including the IP address: information about your access to our website, in applications developed by us, or accessing Newsletters, materials and communications that we send to you in your user account, over the phone or by email;
- other data that you can provide us.
If you want to be a part of the HABITAT team and you become our employee, we will process the data required in the employment process, namely identification data (full name, gender, date of birth), contact details (telephone number, mailing address and e-mail address) as well as any other data that you provide to us through our application forms and CVs or which you provide by submitting or sending physically to our office and electronically by email.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
HABITAT collects in physical and electronic form only those personal data that you voluntarily provide to us, as well as the information available from public sources, as follows: a. in the case of registration or participation in our projects or in the discussions prior to them; b. through our website, when you sign up for your user/participant account; c. by registering to receive the Newsletter; d. when you contact us by email, whether you are interested in our events or whether you are interested in being employed or contracted by our association or collaborating with us; e. if we meet at an event and for example we exchange business cards; f. when accessing other available information on the basis of registration.
We remind you that you have the complete freedom to provide us with these personal data. However, in the absence thereof, the contractual relations will not be possible.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND WHICH ARE THE LEGAL GROUNDS OF SUCH PROCESSING?
For any processing of your personal data, HABITAT will inform you about the purpose of such processing, by way of example as follows:
- Enlistment and participation in our events/projects: We process all personal data that you provide to us, as well as any other data that are necessary for us to participate in our projects, in compliance with the provisions of the Volunteering and Sponsorship Laws in force, and for other activities and actions derived from the conclusion and execution of contracts.
- Communications and Newsletters: If you are already a participant/user or have contacted us for professional or voluntary purposes, we process your personal data on the basis of the legitimate interest in sending you specific communications, Newsletters, of interest to you and also including invitations to our events and our partners’ events.
If you wish to subscribe to our Newsletter, at the time of your subscription (through our website or other form of direct request) we will require your consent to the processing of your personal data in order to be able to provide you with the services for which you have requested subscription;
- Organization of events for promotion, training, scientific or professional purpose: These may include video recordings of the activities and access to those locations;
- Jobs: As long as we have open positions for employment or internship and a person has an interest in being part of the HABITAT team, we collect the information necessary for the employment process to assess if you are eligible for the job. The processing of personal data in the employment process is done under the law, respectively in order to sign a contract with you, and this processing is the pre-contractual phase.
We are constantly interested in making the employment process more efficient, which is why, based on our legitimate interest, we will keep track of the people who participated in the evaluation processes and the reasons why their application was rejected.
When we announce vacancies, you can apply for a place in the HABITAT team by submitting your application: by email, by physical submission to our registered office or by using the dedicated section of our website at that time.
In case of submitting the application using the dedicated section of our website, we will need and request the following personal data: full name and details, mailing address and email address, phone number and CV. These personal data are necessary and we will use them in the employment process in order to: a. carry out and manage the employment process; b. evaluate so as to determine if you have a professional profile suitable for the HABITAT team; c. contact you about the application submitted by you; d. contact you in the future about other opportunities or jobs that may become available and that may be of interest to you; e. keep a record of our previous employment sessions you have attended and the reasons why your application has been rejected.
Any processing of your data for the above purposes is based on one of the following reasons: 1. Singing a contract for participation in our projects, in which case the following personal data are processed: your identification data (as an individual or representative or other employee of a legal entity client), your contact details and position 2. The fulfilment of certain obligations stipulated by the legal provisions which are our responsibility (i.e. regarding the prevention of and fight against money laundering and the necessity to know the clients), in order to fulfil the conditions for their applicability – processing on this basis the shareholders/partners’ contact details and personal identification number, series and ID number or passport; 3.Consent, regarding the transmission of newsletters or invitations to HABITAT events – for processing your identification data and contact details.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS WITH REGARD TO THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA?
We remind you that as a data subject you have the following rights regarding the processing of your personal data:
- Access to personal data about you that HABITAT processes.
- Obtaining the rectification of those inaccurate personal data by contacting HABITAT and/or updating them through the user/client account.
- Obtaining restrictions on the processing of your personal data when: you challenge the accuracy of your personal data that we process; b. processing your personal data is illegal; c. we do not need your personal data for the purpose of processing, but you require them to be retained for the purpose of establishing, exercising or defending a right in court, or d. you oppose the processing of your personal data as long as we verify our legitimate interest in the processing of your personal data.
- Portability of Data – Portability of your personal data, requesting in this regard that HABITAT sends you or another controller a copy of your personal data provided to HABITAT that we process;
- Obtaining your personal data deletion if one of the following applies: the data are no longer required for the purposes for which they were collected or processed; b. you will withdraw the consent on the basis of which the processing takes place and there are no other legal grounds or legitimate reasons for processing; c. personal data have been processed illegally; d. personal data must be deleted to comply with a legal obligation of HABITAT under the law;
If you have any queries or questions about the rights and processing of your personal data or if you wish to make any request or exercise any of your rights regarding the processing of personal data, please contact us at our registered office or by using the contact methods at the end of this briefing.
We assure you that we will analyze each question and request and we will communicate your responses and measures taken to this end as quickly as possible, but no later than one month after the filing of your application. If we need more information from you or if we encounter difficulties in solving your request, we will also inform you of this situation without delay.
If you consider that we have not solved all your requests or are dissatisfied with the answers that are offered to you, you can file a complaint with the National Supervisory Authority for Personal Data Processing or you can address the competent courts.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
If you have opted to receive communications through Newsletters, we will store your data to provide you with this service for 2 years from your last interaction with the sent communications. After this 2-year period, we will again ask you for your consent so that you can still benefit from the Newsletter if you so desire.
In any case and at any moment, if you decide that you no longer wish to receive our Newsletter and withdraw your consent, we will no longer process your personal data for that purpose.
The personal data that we collect in the employment process and use them to streamline and keep track of prior recruitment sessions are stored for a period of 10 years from the time you applied for a HABITAT job.
As a general rule, we will delete your personal data when they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or when you withdraw consent if your data processing is based on consent. Exceptions to this rule are cases where processing of personal data is required on the basis of legal provisions or if we are entitled to continue such processing. Also, your personal data may be kept by us for a longer period than previously stated, only in those cases in which immediate deletion would require overwriting our back-up and recovery systems in case of disaster.
WHAT HAPPENS TO THE PERSONAL DATA IN RELATION TO OTHER PERSONS?
HABITAT does not disclose or transfer your personal data to third parties. By way of exception to this rule, in cases where disclosure or transfer is made within the HABITAT network, it is necessary or if we are bound by law, we will inform you as soon as possible of this fact, unless applicable law forbids or prevents us from making such information.
In the event that we disclose or transfer your personal data to third parties, we will do so in compliance with the applicable legal provisions and with the adoption of measures for its protection, integrity and security.
For the processing of personal data, we can use empowered persons, (for example, providers and suppliers of: IT services, database or contact management, accounting, event organizers). HABITAT will conclude contracts with all those empowered persons to regulate the processing of personal data and ensure that they assume legal obligations to process their personal data and provide an adequate level of protection and security of personal data and comply with the applicable legal provisions.
HOW DO WE SECURE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
All personal data processed by HABITAT are protected against threats, through electronic and physical security measures and the appropriate IT infrastructure, as well as through internal personnel and access management procedures that ensure the discovery, notification and documentation of any potential personal data breaches.
In the unlikely event of a breach of security of your personal data, if we find such a breach at risk for your rights and freedoms, we will notify the National Supervisory Authority for Personal Data Processing (hereinafter ANSPDCP) and let you know about this situation.
UPDATING THIS INFORMATION:
We encourage you to periodically access this section because, insofar as we modify this Information, we will publish a new updated version on this website, Information that will replace this one.
If you have not found the answers to your questions in this document or if you have any further questions regarding your personal data and/or how we process them, please contact us using any of the methods below
- email Address: email@example.com
- mailing address: 45A Naum Râmniceanu St., 1st floor, apt. 3, 1st district, Bucharest, 011616