People lost everything they had in just a few moments.
This June, hundreds of homes from Bacau county have been flooded and the water left behind only grief and mud.
At 3 weeks after the disaster, the walls of the affected houses are still wet and you can feel the awful smell of the mud. In the houses and yards affected by the floods people are looking with despair and hope they will have the power to rebuild their homes.
For them, together with REALITATEA TV, we started the campaign Rebuild Hope.
Stefan is 60 years old and the chair on which rests after chemotherapy is the only one left in his home as floods swept away all his belongings.
As Stefan, in the county of Bacau are hundreds of families who now have to start from the beginning. Help us to Rebuild Hope for families affected by heavy flooding in early June. We urgently need building materials and funds.
Donate 2 Euros through SMS at 8829 (available only in Romania)
How can you help:
– Donate 2 Euros through SMS at 8829 (available only in Romania) or you can donate by using the form on the right side
– If you represent a company and want to do a sponsorship in cash or building materials, call the phone number 0722.640.229 (Loredana Modoran)
We are currently working to lower the suffering of families affected by floods so that they can continue their life. Rebuilding and repairing homes with materials that resist and prevent damage in case of a new disaster. Unfortunately, the floods are becoming more frequent and more extensive and coherent approach is needed for prevention nationwide.
(Gabi Pascal, Disaster Risk Reduction Program Manager and Response)
We need at least 150,000 Euros to intervene through:
- Technical assistance
- Distribution of emergency kits
- Distribution of building materials for families who have the ability to their repair their homes themselves
- Making repairs to homes of families who are unable to do it themselves
- Training of the local disaster response authorities.