Habitat for Humanity Romania brings people together to build homes, communities, and hope, since 1996.
We are part of Habitat for Humanity, founded in, a global nonprofit organization. Habitat brings together people of all faiths and people of no faith to build homes, communities, and hope. Working alongside each other, we help families and individuals build and improve places to call home and achieve the strength, stability, and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves. Habitat seeks individuals who have a willingness to affirm these principles and values.
You can find out more about our impact in Romania, by consulting our annual reports.
The position of Communication Director will be that person coordinating the public campaign/communications with the Habitat for Humanity Romania partners so that more families in need will have access to decent living conditions. Habitat for Humanity Romania benefits from the generous support of corporate partners, volunteers, and media organizations. We consider that an ideal candidate for this job is, first, a person who embraces the values and mission of our organization and at the same time, a good specialist, leader, and visionary for the integrated development of the way in which Habitat for Humanity communicates the vision, values, and its projects.
- The sustainable development of the external communication and media partnerships
- Raising the brand awareness of Habitat for Humanity in Romania
- Solutions and creative communications campaigns to attract partners and volunteers as well as increase public awareness about the living situation in Romania
- Integration and alignment between the departments of the organization (dep. Programs, dep. Financial, dep. Advocacy)
- Building and developing of media partnerships in Romania, (print, radio, TV), central & local
- Social media communication
- Prospecting and maintaining partnerships with “ambassadors” and influencers” to support the Habitat for Humanity Romania mission (VIPs, Bloggers, Influencers etc.)
- Development, and coordination of significant communication campaigns (major appeals) to attract partners, volunteers and donors (. BIG BUILD campaign, 20% fundraising campaign, “individual giving” campaigns; Runners for Humanity, Africa volunteering program, etc.)
- Coordination of corporate HFHRO partner’s communication: monthly newsletter, press releases, implementation of communication agreements with the sponsors for specific projects, coordination of construction sites branding.
Competences and key skills
- Previous experience in a similar position, with measurable results (: Manager PR, Communications Manager, Brand Manager);
- Leadership skills;
- Good skills of organizational representation and public speaking;
- Agility in adapting to a continually changing environment;
- Excellent skills of project and mission presentation in front of media partners and HFH supporters;
- Excellent prioritization skills and management through complex objectives;
- Relevant academic education (Public relations. Marketing, Public affairs but not exclusively)
- Good knowledge of the institutional environment (NGO type).
Location: Romania (Bucharest preferred)
Apply until May 16th, 2022 sending your CV and a cover letter to Liliana.firstname.lastname@example.org
Only selected candidates will be contacted.