Habitat for Humanity Romania brings people together to build homes, communities and hope, since 1996.
We are part of Habitat for Humanity, founded in 1976, a global nonprofit organization. Habitat brings together people of all faiths and people of no faith to build homes, communities and hope. Working alongside each other, we help families and individuals build and improve places to call home and achieve the strength, stability and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves. Habitat seeks individuals who have a willingness to affirm these principles and values.
You can find out more about our impact in Romania, by visiting our website and consulting our annual reports
Habitat for Humanity Romania (HFHRO) is recruiting for an Operations and MEAL coordinator- the Ukraine refugee crisis.
ABOUT HABITAT’S RESPONSE TO THE UKRAINE CRISIS
As millions of refugees flee violence in Ukraine, Habitat for Humanity is on the ground. We are supporting refugees on the move, supplying them with emergency travel kits and hotel vouchers. Habitat is also working on mid-and long-term accommodations for refugees, by subsidizing rentals, refurbishing communal spaces that can act as shelter, and supporting mid-term hosting arrangements with families who have opened up their homes. We also plan to lend our housing and construction expertise to partners who repurpose so-called empty spaces – such as unused schools and factories – to serve as shelter for refugees.
The role will coordinate the operations and the M.E.A.L (monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning) activities, in partnership with the project manager, for the Ukraine Response project, according to Habitat’s response strategy in the longer term. The position is in Romania.
Operations coordinations (50%)
- Coordinate in partnership with the project manager certain components of the projects, especially those that involve direct assistance to refugee families (e.g: easing rental accommodation for refugees, providing emergency kits etc.);
- Assist the project manager with various project management tasks such as planning, budget reports, special procurements and logistics etc.;
- Updates the information on the project’s progress;
- Coordinates communications flow with the project stakeholders;
- Involved in the decision-making process related to the goals of the projects.
- Design and implement an M & E ( monitoring and evaluation) strategy & process for the project, in coordination with the Project Manager;
- Keep track of all project indicators (e.g: number of refugees families assisted with various interim and long-term shelter solutions);
- Lead the reporting process to various internal and external stakeholders (local and international donors, HFHI Europe & Middle East office) (HFHI=Habitat for Humanity International);
- Liaise and align with the Regional HFHI MEAL coordinator and other internal departments (Finance, Communications, Resource, and Development);
- Designs and implements the research processes, case studies and systematization of good practices and lessons learned from the project;
This is a “project coordinator role” according to PMI-PMP methodology/PMBOK Guide, which reports to the Project Manager.
-Bachelor’s degree in a related field, especially in the social sciences, social work, or program evaluation areas;
-Min 2-4 years of experience in project coordination or project expeditor role;
-Fluency in English; Ukrainian is a plus;
-Attention to detail and structured thinking
-Comfortable both with operating systems/databases and being directly involved with project beneficiaries
Project coordination experience, preferably in an NGO or INGO environment.
Location: Romania (Bucharest preferred)
Employment Type: this will be a fixed term
Job Function: Disaster Response, International National Organization, Operations, Strategy
Please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Applications remain open until the right candidate is identified.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.